Frequent Questions

Who can be ordered to cleanup an oil spill?

EPA can enter into an agreement or order any person who owns or operates a facility to perform a cleanup under Section 311(c) and/or (e) of the Clean Water Act (CWA), as amended by the Oil Pollution Act (OPA).

Have more questions? Submit a request